When the alarm goes off of a morning, we have a choice – we can stay in that nice warm bed and grab another hour of sleep or we can get up and exercise and be on the path to achieving our goals. It is always our choice.
Thousands of years ago, Aristotle said, “You are what you repeatedly do.” So are you going to keep repeating what you are currently doing and not change or move forward, or are you going to take some time and identify ways that you can improve your life?
There are going to be hiccups and road blocks that will get in your way, but draw strength from knowing that you have the power to choose to find another way, another road, and another option. Don’t let excuses get in your way.
Some examples of incredible inspirational people include:
- Golda Meir was 71 when she became Prime Minister of Israel.
- Doc Counsilman, at 58, became the oldest person ever to swim the English Channel.
- Henry Ford went bankrupt 5 times before succeeding in the auto industry.
- 14 publishers rejected Margaret Mitchell’s novel “Gone with the Wind”.
- Edison’s greatest accomplishment is the light bulb. He was most famous for the following quote in regards to his persistence in developing the light bulb…
“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.”
- Colonel Sanders had over 1000 knockbacks in a two-year period for his Kentucky Fried Chicken Recipe.
So consider the strength in your power to choose.
There is always a way
Even if it is not true, act like it is and usually you can find a way to achieve what you want to achieve.
- You can push through the tough times
- Persist a little longer
- Search a little harder
- Keep going
- Failure is giving up
- Everything else is progress
By believing there is always a way, you give yourself every opportunity to experience success!
This week be aware of what you want to do and what you are choosing to do. Are they a match? If yes, great, keep going. If they are not matching, ask “why?” Where is the blockage or what is the obstacle?
- Is it too big a first step?
- Do you need support?
- Do you need to change something else first?
- What is it that needs to happen?
Thank you and I look forward to sharing more tips, strategies and skills to support you to be more organised so that you too can create a better life.
“Be an inspiration to yourself and
you will be an inspiration to others.”