Getting enough sleep for your body helps you be more productive, have more energy, prevent weight gain, diabetes and heart disease. So what are some strategies to help you sleep better?
- Worry elsewhere – take 5 to 10 minutes before going to bed to work through any worries and concerns you have
- Get rid of the bedside clock
- Add magnesium
- Snack happy
- A scented bath
- Clear the bedroom clutter
- Massage your toes – in traditional Chinese medicine, a bad night’s sleep can be related to your liver Qi (energy) not flowing properly.
- Think about your pillow – is it the right one for you?
- Listen to a guided meditation
- Avoid sugar
- Do a mind dump
- You may have to lose weight – 70% of people who are obese or overweight have sleep apnoea.
- Go decaf
- Listen to your sleep cycle
Action: Pick one and start with that.